Broadoak School offers a remote education which supports classroom activities for all pupils in the form of; regular homework assignments, and activities. This is delivered through our Student Portal VLE which can be accessed via web portal (www.bromcomvle.com) or the Bromcom Student Portal App (which can be found on both the Play and App stores). Please see guides attached below for help and support with Student Portal VLE.
We also use the Google Classroom platform to supplement the activity on Student Portal. This allows all pupils free access to Google software and enables a virtual classroom for every subject each pupil studies.
Visibility and information regarding remote learning can be accessed by Parents and Carers via the My Child At School App (MCAS). Please see the MCAS help page for support (https://www.broadoakschool.co.uk/parents-pupils/my-child-at-school-app/ )
Across the school different departments use a range of additional and specific online applications to support pupils outside of the classroom, all of which are funded by the school.
- Bedrock Learning – https://bedrocklearning.org/ (English)
- Sparx Maths – https://www.sparxmaths.uk/ (Maths KS3)
- Maths Watch – https://vle.mathswatch.co.uk/vle/ (Maths KS4)
- Language Nut – https://www.languagenut.com/en-gb/ (Spanish)
- Seneca learning – https://senecalearning.com/en-GB/
- GCSE pod – https://www.gcsepod.com/